Vanguarda Agro is an agricultural commodity-producing business focused on the production of soy, corn and cotton, and on land assessment. It owns 13 production units strategically located in five Brazilian states (Mato Grosso, Goiás, Minas Gerais, Bahia and Piaui), i.e. a total area over approximately 253 thousand hectares.
|LOCATION||Mato Grosso, Brasil|
Tel: +55 11 3137-3100
|PROTECTED AREAS||12.200 ha|
V-Agro strives for a sustainable economic growth, always aiming at environmental protection, through environmental management practices, for promoting continuous improvement of processes and products by raising awareness and adopting best practices in the development of their activities, apart from strictly meeting environmental law.Thus, a preventive perspective is adopted related to environmental and social responsibility matters, aiming at the sustainable development of society and on preserving environmental resources for future generations.
The RTRS Certification was granted to V-AGRO on the grounds that it meets requirements of best management practices, it preserves High Conservation Value Areas and assures fair labour conditions among its workforce.
Benefits of the RTRS Certification
This certification shows the commitment of V-Agro with sustainable soy production:
• Meeting and complying with environmental law in force, through environmental licensing of businesses and production activities before the relevant environmental bodies;
• Infrastructure adjustments for the improvement of labour conditions and the reduction of eventual liabilities developed during the production process;
• Protection of watercourses, such as:headwaters, streams, rivers, present in areas belonging to the Company;
• Protection of biodiversity, through the preservation of legal reserves areas and permanent preservation areas of its Production Units;
• Solid waste reduction through the verticalization of production, in which by-products of the productive process, such as waste derived from soy hull, cotton and corn are commercialized for animal feed manufacturing companies;
• Adequate destination of solid waste generated during agricultural production processes;
• Eucalyptus growing catering for the demand for timber in the storage areas of the Company;
• Sustainable Forestry Project Implementation (Implantação de Projeto de Manejo Florestal Sustentável – P.F.M.S.) on ‘Fazenda Iporanga’, with a total approximate area of 12,200 hectares, aiming at the maintenance of native forests present on the property; and
• Reduction and control of atmospheric pollution through the rational application of agri-pesticides and the implementation of mechanisms for environmental sustainability development.
Other relevant information